We are delighted to announce four new courses available this September 2022, which can go towards the NAA Professional Certificate & Diploma in Event & Safety Management. They are:
- COUNTER-TERRORISM AND PROTECTIVE SECURITY – 13th September
- SCIENTIFIC NOTIONS OF CROWD MANAGEMENT 1 – 14th September
- EMERGENCY AND CRISIS MANAGEMENT – 15th September
- EVENT TECHNOLOGY – 16th September
They are taking place at the Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham and are being delivered by industry experts. They’re completely up-to-date, ensuring relevance and applicability in the workplace.
This is the eleventh set of National Arenas Association (NAA) modules created in partnership with Mind Over Matter. Over the past six years, they’ve attracted more than 6000 participants, and have seen many event professionals develop their portfolio.
By opening these courses to those outside the association again this year, we’ll share good practice with those from the industry; including festivals, stadia, health, safety and crowd management companies. Above all, it will develop a greater awareness of how to create serviceable solutions in practice.
Our ‘learning in the round’ teaching philosophy, which is used throughout this programme, helps enhance networking possibilities and makes these courses a must-have qualification.
Each course is worth 2 academic credits (credit-rated by Edinburgh Napier University), which can be accumulated towards the NAA Professional Certificate (awarded after 10 credits) and NAA Professional Diploma (awarded after 20 credits). The Certificate & Diploma is now well established as the credit-rated programme for event industry management and professionals.
For more details on each course, please download our brochure here:
For further information on how to get a place on these courses, please contact Nancy Skipper via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NAA Certificate & Diploma is accepted as a prerequisite to the new MSc at Edinburgh Napier University (the credit rating providers of the programme). This Masters in Crowded Space, Design, Management and Risk Analysis is now recruiting for September this year.
Upcoming 2023 NAA Courses
We have more NAA courses coming up in 2023!
Please see the proposed dates below. Further details will follow shortly.
April 2023 (Venue TBC)
- 17th April – Scientific Notions of Crowd Management & Practice 2
- 18th April – Event Management & Leadership
- 19th April – Understanding Risk
- 20th April – Crowd Management Planning
September 2023 (Venue TBC)
- 11th September – Legal Aspects of Event Management
- 12th September – Managing & Supervising Crowded Space and Anti-Social Environments
- 13th September – Scenario-Based Event Planning