- This event has passed.
Counter Terrorism & Protective Security Certificate Programme (June 2021)
28 June, 2021$150.00
This short course is aimed at event professionals who are involved in the planning, management and multi- agency command of events. It will cover key concepts in International Terrorism, recent case history, ongoing threats to events and protective security planning that can minimise, manage and mitigate threats to events.
After attending the course delegates will be able to;
- Develop an awareness of current Terrorism Threats
- Be aware of current attack methodologies
- Understand a process for conducting threat and vulnerability assessments
- Apply a Safety & Security planning cycle to events to minimise, manage and mitigate risk
- Consider, apply & Practice key concepts through a realistic case study exercise
Duration: 1 Day Workshop
Assessment: Work- Based Assessment
Tutor: Pete Dalton Bio: Pete is a Protective Security, Event Management and Incident Command Consultant, working with MOM and NCS4 / Interpol on safety, security and service at major events. He has commanded and supported events of national and international significance including the Royal Wedding 2018.