Counter Terrorism & Protective Security Programme launches April 2020
Mind Over Matter is delighted to announce the release of the MOM Counter Terrorism & Protective Security course, available from April 2020. This course has been developed to complement the existing portfolio of Edinburgh Napier University credit-rated courses that enables excellent underpinning CPD for Event Management professionals.
The new course will;
- Review the Manchester Arena attack
- Update on the current terrorist threat
- Outline Threat and Vulnerability Assessments & Operational Requirements
- Evaluate Safety & Security Planning Processes
- Apply Counter Terrorism Principles to a case study
The launch of this course, which has been designed and tested by MOM over the last 12 months, is extremely timely as it underpins and compliments the proposed new forthcoming Protective Security legislation, also known as Martyn’s Law.
The course will assist participants to deny, detect, deter, mitigate and respond to threats at arenas, sporting venues & other crowded space events.
The modular course design will be applicable to any event and will support organisers in meeting their responsibilities with regard to;
- Consultation with relevant agencies
- Conducting a Threat & Vulnerability Assessment
- Developing an Operational Requirement that informs a proportionate and scalable Counter Terrorism plan, bespoke to the venue
- Exercising and testing of the plan
These guiding principles reflect the specialist consultancy services available by MOM. The course has been designed and delivered by Pete Dalton, MOM’s lead associate for Protective Security Operations. Pete brings significant national and international experience in this field to the course, which will enable current themes, best practice and key principles to be covered. Supporting doctrine will cover key up to date UK & International doctrine on protecting events.
It is hoped by attending this course and translating the knowledge delegates will be able to continue to play a key role in minimising risks to safety, security & service at events.
#counterterrorism #protectivesecurity #securityoperations #securityplanning #safetyplanning #manchesterarena #edinburghnapier