How to engage employees is so important not to just productivity but to establish a work-life balance that supports the holistic view of an employee’s time.
A happy work/ life balance will by its very nature make employees feel valued and supported and make them relish working in an environment where the employer cares about their well-being.
My company treats the work-life balance as central to our success and by enabling everyone to support each other and feel that they have a say not just in work matters but those that may affect their home lives we have been able to create a team that is valued not only for their innovative ideas in the workplace but their ability to change the balance in line with needs of their employment.
Five ways to make this happen are:
- Recognise and reward people’s differences and idiosyncrasies not just generic contributions
- Create a learning environment where everyone and their opinions matter to the organisation
- Give time for reflection on the work life balance to enhance the worth of personal development
- Support difference by engaging with unusual ideas as a central focus to your alternative thinking
- Enable flexibility on all levels showing fairness, equality and the celebration of diversity.
If it is of interest, Mind Over Matter Consultancy delivers a range of interactive, highly-pressurized programmes for high performers in companies across the world, underpinned by applied leadership and management theory. These are lead by experts in their fields.
We are able to support the following areas:
- Talent Identification
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
Try our bespoke #BlowYouAwayDays programmes where you and your team will be pushed to the limit in anything from RNLI training or kidnap scenarios to dance development, a rollercoaster crash, a grand prix circuit or the SAS.